
kolob canyon arch {image found here}
my dear friend, scott, and i decided to go for a little hike on wednesday. okay, actually a big hike. we wanted to do the trail to "possibly the biggest arch in the world". a daunting 14 miles round-trip. we started hiking and made it to the taylor creek cove. then moved on to the arch. or so we thought. just a little ways beyond the normal distance people hike we found ourselves climbing over and under trees and in and out of bushes. we found this beautiful waterfall cutting a young slot canyon that was completely unexpected {and probably the best part of the hike}. as we blazed on we hiked up and slid down sand hills. we hiked through the water and eventually through snow. then, we hit a dead end.
fast forward 3 hours.
i'm laying on my bed looking at the trail map trying to figure out where we went wrong.
if we would have just driven two more minutes up the hill we would have been dead on.
that's right, we started at the wrong trail head. which means i made up the trail the entire way past the cove. that's how i roll.
between my guide skills failure and yesterdays cycling work-out i definitely needed this video my sister sent me to give me a little more faith in my ability to progress and {eventually} keep up with the old guys.
4 comments:
ha ha... I love the little girls dance moves...
lol
Who is Scott?
I would LOVE to try making you a Monkey cake for your birthday...although no promises attached - it might end up looking more like a bear or some other make believe animal!
It looks like you are having tons of fun and keeping busy! That's awesome!
I think I left you a comment already but it didn't work so Ima just say the same things, ha. Okay?
Kerri freaking cracks me up. Ha ha. and about Justin teenie bopper- I'd probably be embarassed of buying his stuff even the day after because he's like- 12 years old or something. Ha.
PS. I love the video at the end of this post. Ha!
Post a Comment