13 December 2009

"first with the head, then with the heart"

my favorite book (second only to "to kill a mockingbird"):
The Power of One
i must admit, unlike TKMB, i would not recommend it to everyone. if you're easily offended, don't read it. also, if you're under the age of 18, don't read it. otherwise it is a book to learn from. okay but i must admit the real purpose of this post-i'm almost done reading it again and i need novel recommendations. as long as it's not lord of the rings (or anything by j.r.r tolkein for that matter) or a sappy romance novel (aka twighlight). also, scifi is not really my favorite. but really i'm not picky.
peace+love

6 comments:

Karen said...

Kelli, this is Kelsey's mom. I came across your blog from Ali's. Anywho, I highly recommend the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. Like you, I am not into scifi or fantasy novels, but this book/series was very fascinating and the heroine is a total kick bottom girl, just like you. Give it a try, I think you'll like it.

Happy Day!
Karen

mattie said...

i have two or three boxes full of books in the storage room that you can pick from. one of my favorites is 'snow flower and the secret fan.'

or you can borrow 'the godfather' when i'm finished!

simplysarah said...

life of pi, oscar & lucinda, the chosen, cry the beloved country, les miserables (abridged), and the seventh son series by orson scott card.

I love all of those! :)

alirara said...

pretty sure you should read Gone With the Wind but you wouldn't like Scarlett... also read all of the Wizard of Oz books. Have you read Night by Elie Weisel? You would love that. Also read Harry Potter again because it's the best. And the Georgia Nicholson series because they're freaking hilarious (the first is called Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging) If you want a Christmasy book to read The worst Christmas Pagent Ever is awesome. Ok The End

Anonymous said...

Why don't you ask your mother. She has a thousand recommendations and they won't be sappy, stupid, about vampires, or sci-fi (although authentic sic-fi, not fantasy, is quite good - try 2001 Space Odessy, Jurassic Park, or Andromeda Strain - but back to other books). She won't make you write an analysis on any of the recommendations but would be happy to discuss them with you.

alirara said...

actually yeah Jurassic Park is good. I read it for my biology class in highschool. Yeah pretty much I had the best biology teacher ever. We had "digestive labs" aka parties like every week. And Kyle always brought squeeze-its awesome!