28 January 2010

strange compliments

at the beginning of the semester, i noticed a new boy in choir--tall, skinny, and wears cool glasses. but, he seemed kind of young and all the music boys are weird so i'm generally not outgoing in choir. the other day while putting my folder away, previously mentioned boy approached me and said, "i just have to tell you, with your boots and coat, you look like an X-Men."
"thank you??"
"you look like storm or something. don't worry it's a compliment."
storm? ya, we both have short hair but mine is not silver, nor do i wear spandex on a regular basis, and i definitely cannot control the weather. oh, and i'm not brown. but she's hot, so i'll accept it.what's the weirdest/funniest compliment you've ever recieved? or just the best?
peace+love

8 comments:

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

this makes me happy.

boys give the weirdest compliments sometimes don't they???

i can't really think of a weird compliment right now, but if i come up with something i'll let you know. oh...wait...just remembered...

a little girl in my class told me one day when i straightened my (usually curly) hair:

"wow teacher! you're hair is so line-y!"

pretty sure it was a compliment :).

oh...and i loved your comment on the adventures in babysitting post. too funny!

Unknown said...

It is a toss up...once my friend Kris Fitzgerald complimented my gorgeous looks and hair while the sun was setting behind me..."brooke, you standing there, while the sun is setting, you are beautiful." and the second one is when my friend Tara told me that I had become more charitable.

Liz said...

Ha ha. You crack me up.

Wierdest thus far I starge man in Walmart approached me and said, "With all due respect... you have a nice bum."

(sorry I had to alter it slightly but I thought how he started it was ridiculous. ha ha.)

mattie said...

last night, i wore my glass to work and one of the dishwashers (he's from mexico) told me i looked like some mexican superstar. i said, "is she beautiful?" and he said, "no, she is DELICIOUS!" so i guess i'm delicious.

simplysarah said...

When the 60 year-old man at the coffee shop said it was a good thing he was married because I smelled so good..? ;)

P.S. So, uh, keep us posted on any more interesting interaction w/ choir boy.

Mom and Kenz said...

Oh come on, we love it when you wear spandex!!!

One really meaningful compliment I got recently was from Cam. As I was sewing a button on his shirt he said, "Mom -- I didn't know you sewed!! You are really, really good!." Sad that (1) it was the first time he saw me do that and (2) that he was actually proud of me for doing that."

Mom and Kenz said...

Oh come on, we love it when you wear spandex!!!

One really meaningful compliment I got recently was from Cam. As I was sewing a button on his shirt he said, "Mom -- I didn't know you sewed!! You are really, really good!." Sad that (1) it was the first time he saw me do that and (2) that he was actually proud of me for doing that."

Celeste said...

haha thats an awesome compliment. once my 8 year old nephew told me i had a nice outfit on. i know its not a strange compliment, it was just so cute hearing it from him since he was so little!