¡familia!
i don´t have much more time to write, sorry. Santiago is great. I had my first experience with mote con huesillos yesterday for the first time and i thought i would barf. silveria, one of the ladies we were, teaching noticed i was eating it really slow so she took it from me. i said no, i want to take it with me cause i didn´t want to be rude, but she took it anyway (thank heavens). but then as we were leaving maria came running after us with a fresh mug in her hand ¡you forgot your mote! ha. once we got far enough down the road i dumped it. it´s rotten peaches and wheat. yum. hna espinosa and i decided i am allergic to mote from now on.
christmas was great. we had an appointment with jaime--he´s so solid. the church was locked though so we decided to go to the plaza and sit on a park bench to teach him. and guess what? right there on the park bench i asked him to be baptized on january 15th. and guess what he said? yes! my first time asking someone to be baptized in a park on christmas. superbien. then we were contacting and we saw this lady watering her lawn. we walked across the street to talk to milda and she started crying. i took the hose from her and watered her lawn while hna espinosa talked to her. apparently her husband crashed his taxi and can´t find work now so he´s really depressed and just wants to die. so we knelt down right there on the porch and said a prayer. i´m pretty excited to start teaching she and her husband.
a great christmas indeed. i love you all. stay out of trouble and stay in touch. que le vaya bien.
hna kelzoner to the rizzle
PS Kelli has sore feet (hate to say I told her so but I did). Any suggestions from you return missionaries?
Lorie
peace+love
4 comments:
That's so exciting about her first time asking someone to be baptised on in a park on christmas!
PS.
Mote sounds disgusting.
I didn't walk as much, but I LOOOOOOVED my Clarks. Don't remember having sore feet. They were super comfortable; I had 2 pair and wore them my whole mission.
Maybe inserts would also help? Good luck!
My sister went to the same mission as Kelli Jean. I'm not sure about the walking, but when I visited her in Chile, I loved mote :) It was delicious!
My feet would hurt if I didn't wear good shoes...I had some Danskos that were good for about 9 months and then some Clarks that were also really good. Good luck Kelli; sounds like you're doing great!
PS...KJ's email address is still sending me Viagra Spam. No me gusta. ;)
Post a Comment