24 May 2011

last night i dreamt they turned our chapel in San Miguel into a temple..

...wouldn't that be cool?
Dionisio tried to convince us the CocaCola has cocaine and that's why so many people are addicted to it. it would be funnier for you all if you knew him.
WARNING: this email is a little more serious than usual...
On friday night we were talking to this woman who was a member of some christian denomination who was trying to tell me how to preach and what i should preach and was really making me angry (really, i don't really get angry anymore, but with her my heart was pounding and my face was red so good thing it was dark). anyway, I started talking to her about eternal families. she said, "no, we CANNOT live in families because we will only be minds and we won't remember this life. if we could remember this life, all the pain and suffering we have, it wouldn't be paradise." i thought, have you ever actually thought about what you're saying?
but i asked her, "if we don't know pain how can we know joy? how will we recognize the difference?"
she was so thoroughly convinced of what she was saying i felt like i was talking to Korihor. except Korihor was even more humble. anyway as she was talking apostacy i just gave her lesson 1 pamphlet, told her i hoped she'd read and pray about it, said goodbye and we walked away.
but that contact stuck with me all night and even in the morning i was talking to abby about it, it bugged me so much. then at lunch Elder Martinez called and said we have an emergency zone meeting in our chapel at 5. We had no idea what was going on, but when we got there and sat down I noticed all the office elders and assistants were there, and Elder Ciccio (the elder you guys saw on Mother's day that mom said was cute) was crying. President came in and informed us that Elder Jennings had had a heart attack and died that morning when he and Elder Ciccio got back from running. We had a little devotional and testimony meeting and I felt sad and cried everytime i looked at Elder Ciccio or thought of Elder Jennings' family, but felt so calm and peaceful thinking of Elder Jennings. I thought about the girl from the night before and felt the spirit so strongly testify to me that the plan of salvation is true. that we truly can and will live with our families forever if we are true to the gospel and endure to the end. I thought about D&C 130:2. I felt so strongly that I wanted to tell you guys, my family, that these things are true. Life is so precious. I love and am so thankful for the time we have been given on this earth to form a family, feel joy and pain, make mistakes, learn and progress, form relationships, learn to love and have all kinds of experiences good and bad. I love this life and do not want to forget it. But it is so short and so important. So please stay loyal to the covenants you've made. Endure to the end. Because I want to live with you all forever. I also feel so grateful for the opportunity to proclaim this message to the whole world. That families can be together forever. I think since finding out about Elder Jennings death i have testified more firmly and been more insistent on getting into people's houses. I hope you will all share the hope you have through the gospel with someone who doesn't.
I love you all and hope you have a fabulous week. I hope you know I am happy and healthy and I love being on a mission. It is the funnest, most joyful thing i think i've ever done. But i am excited for the day that i get to see all your beautiful faces again!
Love,
kelli jean russell


peace+love

1 comment: