29 October 2009

murphy's law (paranoia)

i had this strange thought today when i noticed a lump on my shin--what if i lost all use of my left leg? i got choked up just thinking about it...
i couldn't HIKE!
or ski
or rock climb
or skip
or drive a clutch
or run
or dance
or cliff jump
or ride my beloved bicycle
or walk
heck, standing would even be a little difficult!

my dreams of becoming a hermit with my husband and abandoning all modern conveniences would be shattered...

but then again, maybe I'd get my leg amputated and get a prosthetic then compete in the special olympics--table tennis, or bowling...
except that my average bowling score is 44.
or i could climb mt. Everest with my prosthetic leg and get really famous...
except i don'
t even have a desire to do that with two human legs.
or i could fulfill my ambition of becoming a whale trainer at sea world...I'd be the first whale trainer with a prosthetic leg
yes, that's it! they can't say no to someone with a prosthetic leg.

did you know elephants can have prosthetic legs?
i'm going to bed
-what great thing would you do if you had a prosthetic leg?

5 comments:

Coco said...

You are funny. Do you seriously think you are going to lose your leg over an ankle sprain? Both my legs would be gone if that was the case.

mattie said...

haha that elephant looks like it is having the time of its life.

honestly, i probably wouldn't do anything particularly great if i had a prosthetic. i'm not even athletic right now, so i don't think having a prosthetic would make me any better...

Sweet J said...

Fool...I would decorate it with Jewels and go to the front of the line at Disneyland EVERYTIME I WENT. Oh and I would buy a Jazzy.

Unknown said...

Jen...I am laughing out loud right now...about ready to pee my pants! I would let Jen decorate my leg and then I would learn to water ski.

kelzone said...

jewels aren't a bad idea...then you'd attract more attention to the jewels themselves rather than a prosthetic...
mattie, getting a prosthetic would give you an excuse to become athletic...so one will judge the athletic ability of someone with a fake leg.
kerri, i don't really think that...i was on lortab when i wrote this post