28 March 2010

happiness is...

...a relaxing weekend
which =
very little (but at least i did some) homework
zion with my dear friend to hike and take in the grandeur that is southern utah
running into the amazing jessica on the emerald pools hike
ol' faithful explosion in the car
coming home exhausted and starving
which resulted in banana+nutella crepes by same friend
(which i've been craving since, oh i don't know, um, tuesday)
patsy cline--there has never been and never will be a country girl like patsy
falling asleep at 8 p.m.
only to wake up less than 2 hours later
watching (falling asleep to) into the wild
soaking up the sun with a good book and some headphones
chatting it up with my awesome visiting teacher and friend whom i adore and admire
wrote a silly song with friends
and church

honestly, i could listen to those first two notes over and over again...

my grandpa IVon used to sing this while tucking me into bed
.

what did you do this weekend?
peace+love

3 comments:

Kell said...

I'm jealous of your Zion fun. I want to go back so badly.
My weekend was poop.. but hopefully the next will be much more relaxing!

Coco said...

baked and cleaned for a wedding shower. babysat and played with mackenzie. got the flu and slept all day.

alirara said...

Country music like this reminds me of my family gatherings on my dad's side. Thanks I love this, also I really want to go to a rodeo. I'm jealous you got to go hiking. That sounds fun. I just watched Desperate Housewives worked and slept. Oh well on Sunday I went with Shirley to a friends baby blessing