18 May 2012

i think i'll stick with brandi and mumford...

my lovely cousin douglas informed me that nicki minaj is the new michael jackson.  my dear friend sam informed me "she puts lady gaga to shame".  and not in a positive way....i couldn't even bring myself to post a video of her on here.
then sam showed me the latest up-and-coming dance music.  

someone please tell me that this is just a really bad dream....
peace+love

5 comments:

mattie said...

Sounds like another mkk dance number is due. This time: nicki minaj!

Kelsey Cole said...

hi kelzone! welcome home :)

I am completely with ya about this new music... quite frankly it creeps me out! I am definitely boycotting the dub-step movement. I'll stick with Ingrid and Meiko :)

P.s. Have you checked out Ingrid's new project 'Army of 3'? I am loving it.

Hope to see you soon! Cov is working out of state this summer and I am a lone woman in Provo because of work. So... if you are ever in Provo and need a place to hangout/stay, my door is always open!

Matthew R. Hall, Esq. said...

Hey Kelli. So remember how I've like met you once when I came with Mandy Allen to your farewell, and then she shared a link to your blog at some point, and then I added it to my Google reader and then I've creepily followed your blog since? Welcome back to America.

Anyway, some good news:
1. Nikki Minaj isn't the new MJ. She's more like a hip hop response to Lady Gaga, who wanted to be the new Madonna, but then she wore a dress made of steak.

2. I think the cultural novelty of helicopter music (dubstep) is wearing off slowly.

3. Not sure if you're a TV watcher, but there's been some great scripted stuff to look forward to. There's still hope for the marriage of pop culture and worthwhile art.

Good luck with the transition home.

Unknown said...

ZZZZZZOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

Welcome home!! I talked to katie a few days before she left to England and she was so bummed she missed your return as well as ME! I'm glad you are back and adjusting!

I live in oregon so come visit and explore nature HERE!!!! it's gorgeous!
Oh i love you and miss you!!!
call me!! 801.815.7637

Kelsey Cole said...

Hey! I got your message on my blog, my number is 801.560.6474 call me!

I would love to see you at yoga! We should plan a class to go to together at 3B, I think you would LOVE it! And we for sure got to hang out, cause I am lonely here in Provo!